Club & Street Outreach
Outreach happens during non-traditional hours at locations throughout Indianapolis, to deliver tailored and appropriate messages and materials to encourage safe sex, risk reduction and the importance of knowing your HIV status.
Internet Outreach and Prevention
Internet prevention and outreach focuses on HIV/STD prevention, education and awareness on social media websites and chatrooms to encourage safe sex, risk reduction.
Red Ribbon Rumble HIV Prevention Program (RRR)
RRR is a prevention program funded by the Health Foundation of greater Indianapolis that targets the house/ballroom scene. The house/ballroom scene is an underground population within the Black LGBT community. This community is comprised of often young, ostracized msm and transgender youth who form close familial binds with one another, while competing in “Balls” that represent self-expression, individuality, and acceptance.
Red Ribbon Rumble is a safe space where members of the house/ballroom scene come together to chat, sip, and dip (discuss issues and receive information, have a quick meal or snack, and participate in a variety of activities such as vogueing and walking the runway!
Red Ribbon Rumble also hosts an annual free ball for members of the community.
Red Ribbon Rumble is Bi-weekly on Thursdays from 9pm-11pm
- Brothers United is funded by www.aidsunited.org to conduct grassroots mobilization of African-American across the State of Indiana.
- Building Consumer Advocacy Boards in 5 counties with the highest HIV prevalence among African-Americans.
- Marion County, Allen County, St. Joseph County, Lake County, Vanderburgh County
- Upcoming meetings
- Marion County, February 22 nd at 6pm. Brothers United Inc. 3737 N Meridian Street, Suite 401
- For information on future meeting TBA. For more information, contact Mark Hughes, Program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 317-931- 0292.
“Being Your Own Advocate: Statewide training for people living with HIV”, Friday June 2 nd – June 3 rd . Location…. TBA
HIV Criminalization and Modernization – The second goal of the POP Project is to ensure Indiana legislators are aware of the outdated public health strategies around HIV criminalization and to work towards modernizing these laws.
Brothers United is proud to partner with the HIV Modernization Movement of this project. Want to learn more about HIV criminalization? Check out HMM. http://hivmodernizationmovement.org/resources/